Everybody loves pizza! It’s the ideal food, totally easy to make and extremely customizable, allowing you to put whatever delicious toppings you want on it. Even better, you can buy all kinds of different pizzas in your local store, with Totino’s Pizzas being one of the most popular types.
One of the best parts about buying a Totino’s Party Pizza is how quick and easy it is to cook, giving you a delicious and filling meal in no time. But can you microwave Totino’s Pizza?
Sometimes you don’t always have the time to preheat your oven and then wait for the pizza to cook in it, so can you use a microwave to save time instead?
The short answer is yes, you can microwave a Totino’s Pizza! However, you very probably won’t want to, because heating your pizza in the microwave will typically make it soggy and sloppy. If you want a crisp Totino’s Pizza, then you should cook it in the oven!
With that being said, there’s so much more to learn about microwaving Totino’s Pizza, and we’ve got all the answers you need in our delicious guide below. Read on!
Can You Microwave Totino’s Pizza?
To begin with, let’s look at answering the key question – can you microwave your Totino’s Pizza?
Totino’s Party Pizza is delicious for any dinner time and comes in a wide variety of different flavors, with various toppings to fit your fancy.
You can even choose the shape of the pizza, with some coming in the traditional circular format and some coming in a more rectangular shape!
These pizzas are perfect for a quick meal, but you may not always have time to heat them in the oven. So can you do it in your microwave?
Yes, you can microwave a Totino’s Pizza. You can easily heat their frozen pizzas up in your microwave, making them ready to eat, and we’ve got various instructions on how you can do that below.
With that being said, you should be prepared that a microwaved Totino’s Pizza is going to be significantly less enjoyable than one that’s been heated in the oven instead!
When you heat their pizza in a microwave, it comes out soggy and sloppy, rather than beautifully crisp. Additionally, the pizza will be soft, and you could have difficulty slicing it up.
What Do Totino’s Recommend?
On each of their pizza boxes, Totino’s recommends that you heat their frozen pizzas in an oven. This will definitely give you the best results, making the pizza wonderfully crisp, as any good pizza needs to be!
Totino’s even provides instructions for oven heating, telling you exactly how to use the oven to heat up their pizza. Naturally, they don’t provide microwave instructions, and that’s because a microwave will make their pizza edible but soggy.
Is It Safe To Microwave A Totino’s Pizza?
Of course, you might be wondering whether it’s actually safe to microwave a Totino’s Pizza. After all, there are some foods that you can only cook in an oven, because cooking them in a microwave simply isn’t safe and could result in food that makes you ill.
Thankfully, it’s perfectly safe to microwave your Totino’s Pizza.
Microwaving your frozen Totino’s Pizza is a valid, safe way to heat it up. However, it will affect the quality of the pizza, because it’s going to come out soggy rather than crisp.
This is hardly the best way to enjoy a pizza, making it well worth putting in the extra time to heat it up in your oven instead. However, if you’re okay with eating a soggy, non-firm pizza then using the microwave is perfectly safe!
How Long Does It Take To Microwave A Totino’s Pizza?
When it comes to heating your Totnino’s Pizza, timing is an incredibly important factor. After all, if you microwave it for too short an amount of time, then it’ll still be a little hard and frozen. On the other hand, microwaving it for too long will make it even soggier.
However, the ideal heating time depends on what state your Totino’s Pizza is in.
Frozen Or Defrosted?
If your Totino’s Pizza is coming straight from the freezer, with it still frozen and in need of defrosting, then you’ll need to thaw it in your microwave first for about 2 to 3 minutes.
After that, you’ll need to heat it further, for the typical amount of time, which would be around 1 to 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, your Totino’s Pizza might already be defrosted and at room temperature. In this case, you’ll only need to heat it in your microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes – on a high heat, that is.
Amount Of Pizza
Your heating time also depends on how much pizza you’re trying to hear.
If you’re only heating a couple of slices of pizza, then you should be able to do it in the amounts of time we listed above.
However, if you’re trying to heat more, then it will take more time. Of course, you won’t be able to fit the whole pizza in your microwave in one, so it’s a good idea to heat it in increments!
The wattage of your microwave is a key factor in deciding the heating time for your pizza.
If your microwave’s got a low wattage, then you’ll have to heat your pizza for more than 2 minutes, perhaps about 3. On the other hand, a high wattage microwave will heat your pizza well if you have it heating for 1 to 2 minutes.
How To Microwave A Totino’s Pizza
When it comes to microwaving your Totino’s Pizza, there are a few different ways you can do it. Of course, the simplest and quickest way will be to simply put a few slices of your pizza in the microwave and follow the guide timings we’ve just covered.
However, there are other ways you can use the microwave to heat the pizza, using other utensils, and we’re going to walk you through how to do those too!
Microwaving Totino’s Pizza
- Remove your Totino’s Pizza from the box.
- If the pizza is frozen, you’ll need to defrost it in your microwave for between 2 and 3 minutes. Use a microwave-safe plate to put it on. If it’s already defrosted, simply go to the next step!
- Put your chosen amount of slices on the microwave-safe plate and then heat them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Enjoy! Ensure the pizza is properly heated, and not at all frozen if you had to defrost it, before eating.
Microwaving Totino’s Pizza With A Microwave And Stove Top
For a heated pizza that’s going to be less soggy, and a bit more enjoyable for you to eat, you can use a combination of a stove top and your microwave.
With this multi-step process, it’s naturally going to take more time than simply microwaving the pizza. With that being said, it’s well worth the extra time and effort, because the Totino’s Pizza will be a lot tastier.
What Do You Need?
- Totino’s Pizza
- Stove top
- Aluminum pan/cast-iron pan
- Bowl (the size of the pizza)
- Cooking Oil
- Heat your chosen pan (either aluminum or cast-iron) on your stovetop, pouring a little cooking oil onto it for later (Can aluminum pans go in the oven? Find out here).
- At the same time, remove your frozen Totino’s Pizza and put it in your microwave. Heat it for 2 tp 3 minutes in order to thaw it out. Your microwave might even have a defrost setting that you can use.
- Once the pan has become a good level of warm, but not hot, put the defrosted pizza into it. The cooking oil will help stop the delicious food from sticking to the pan.
- Now place a bowl over the pizza, which will help to keep the heat in and ensure that it’s cooking properly. Be careful placing the large bowl over the pizza, and don’t burn yourself!
- Once the pizza has melted, carefully remove it and check that it’s now firm. If it is, put it in your microwave. If it isn’t, leave it heating in the pan for longer.
- Pick the high setting on your microwave.
- On that setting, heat your pizza in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Microwaving Totino’s Pizza With A Crisper Tray
While using a combination of stove top and microwave is going to give you a firmer, nicer pizza, but if you want your Totino’s Pizza to be even crisper (and who wouldn’t!) then using a crisper tray with it is the solution for you!
For those who don’t know, a crisper tray is exactly what it sounds like – a tray designed to crisp your food up!
They can do this through their special designs, which help convection heat to reach all angles of the food, ensuring that every part of it gets equal heat and can become perfectly crisp.
Naturally, pizza is at its best when it’s crisp, so using a crisper tray in combination with your microwave is a genius way to avoid getting a soggy pizza. In order to do it, just follow these steps:
- Remove your Totino’s Pizza from your freezer.
- Put the frozen pizza into a dish that is microwave-friendly.
- Put the dish and pizza into your microwave.
- Defrost the pizza for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave. Your microwave might even have a default defrost setting you can use to save you effort!
- With the pizza now defrosted, carefully take it out of the microwave and then put it onto your crisper tray.
- Place the crisper tray into the microwave. Ideally it’s not too wide to fit!
- Put your microwave onto its high setting.
- On that heat level, heat your pizza for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Enjoy! Your pizza should not only be properly heated up, but also really crisp. Perfect!
Totino’s frozen pizzas can be heated up in the microwave, rather than the oven, but you’ll get a soggier result. To get your pizza crisper and firmer from the microwave, use a stove top too, or use a crisper tray!
- Are Oreos Vegan? - May 26, 2023
- What Is Mutton? - May 26, 2023
- What Does Matcha Taste Like? - May 26, 2023