When it comes to wings, you don’t want to mess around. And we all know that Buffalo Wild Wings are truly the best. Sweet, spicy, and sticky, they have your mouth watering just at the thought of them. Especially on game day.
If you happen to make too big of a batch and somehow have some wings left over, you are not going to throw them in the trash. That’s a big no no. You are going to reheat them and have them for dinner!
We have the best way to reheat Buffalo Wild Wings so that you can enjoy them again again. Never lose out on the delicious flavor of these tangy wings.
Tips For Reheating Chicken Wings
Before we get into the different methods for reheating Buffalo Wild Wings, it is important to know how to do it properly. You don’t want to end up with dry, tasteless wings that have soaked up all of that delicious sauce.
Before you even think of turning on the oven or the microwave, your prep begins the day before. Once you have established that you do in fact have some leftover wings, you want to store them properly.
Store them in the refrigerator or freezer to ensure they remain juicy and delicious without becoming rubbery and weird.
Spread Them Out
One of the worst things you can do when reheating chicken wings is to overcrowd the tray. Give each wing plenty of room to ensure they reheat all the way through until they are juicy and delicious.
Did you happen to put your wings in the freezer? Well, you’re going to need to defrost your chicken wings before you can begin reheating them.
When reheating frozen wings, put them in the refrigerator the night before to thaw. By putting your wings in a Ziploc bag and submerging it in cold water, you can hasten the process.
Do not place frozen wings into the oven, microwave, or any other cooking appliance. Ensure they are completely defrosted before cooking!
When you feel like your wings are a little dry, a great trick is to give them some water. Simply spray them lightly with water to give them some hydration before placing them in your preferred method of reheating.
This is a great way to moisturize any sauce on the wings and prevent them from drying out when heating.
If you have the time you can also melt butter and give each wing a light coating. This will add to the flavor and make them extra juicy and delicious.
Methods To Reheat Buffalo Wild Wings
Now that we know the best way to store, defrost, and place our wings we can begin discussing the best way to reheat them. Below are X methods to reheat Buffalo Wild Wings to absolute perfection. No one will guess that they are leftovers!
Your microwave may be your most used appliance in your kitchen. Next to the kettle and the coffee machine. And it is perfect for reheating dishes such as mashed potatoes, however, reheating chicken wings can be a little tricky
Using the microwave to reheat your wings is the fastest option. However, it can often leave your wings rubbery and soggy. Especially if they have a delicious sauce.
- Begin by lining a microwave-safe dish with a damp paper towel to keep your wings juicy.
- Place the wings on the dish in a single layer.
- Heat for around 2 or 3 minutes until they are warm.
- If they are cold on the inside, give them another heat for around one minute until they are heated all the way through.
- Remove, cool, and enjoy!
2. Air Fryer
Since the launch of the air fryer, it has become a staple in almost every home across the globe. With a range of functions, it is a great way to reheat your favorite foods, quickly.
The air fryer is a convection oven that evenly cooks food by moving air about in the basket; it’s a great setting for reheating leftover wings.
Before placing your wings in the air fryer, make sure to leave them until they come to room temperature.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 F°.
- Give the wings a light layer of oil.
- Place them in the basket in a single layer. You may have to work in batches.
- Heat the wings for around 10 minutes, giving them a flip or a shake halfway through.
A superb chicken wing is best reheated in the oven. You’ll get a crispy outside and a juicy, moist interior using this technique. Before putting your wings in the oven, spray them with water if you are concerned about them drying out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°.
- Allow your wings to come to room temperature.
- Spray an oven tray with oil.
- Place the wings on the tray in a single layer. Do not cram them on the tray.
- Reheat the wings for around 5 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and turn them over.
- Place them back in the oven for around 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
4. Frying Pan
Reheating your wings on the frying pan may not be the first idea to come to your head but it is an excellent method. It is extremely simple and will only take around 10 minutes if done properly.
- Take your wings out of the refrigerator until they are at room temperature.
- Add one to two tablespoons of oil to your pan and allow it to rest on high heat.
- Once the oil is hot begin adding your wings.
- Fry the wings for two to three minutes, turning them halfway through.
- Once the wings are crispy and golden brown, ensure they are heated all the way through.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!
This is the best option for wings that have a flavorsome sauce. The frying pan will prevent the sauce from drying out and you can add water as you need in order to prevent the sauce and the chicken from becoming dry.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the refrigerator, the wings will keep nicely for up to 3 to 4 days. However, you can keep them around for up to 3 to 4 months if you store them in the freezer.
After that, they are still safe to eat, but the quality will start to decline. Yes, you can reheat your wings more than once without becoming sick.
All chicken made fresh or reheated must have an internal temperature of at least 165 F°. It must be reheated within 2 hours from removal from the refrigerator.
There you have it! 4 methods to reheat Buffalo Wild Wings to perfection.
When you get too full and have a few wings left, don’t throw them out. Store them in the refrigerator and enjoy them the next day. Remember to either defrost or allow them to come to room temperature before reheating.
Never miss out on a delicious Buffalo Wild Wing!
- Are Oreos Vegan? - May 26, 2023
- What Is Mutton? - May 26, 2023
- What Does Matcha Taste Like? - May 26, 2023